Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual who can keep up in a high paced environment.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
· Greets patient in waiting room and escorts to exam room
· Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight and temperature; report patient history summary
· Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
· Uses recognized and accurate medical terminology and abbreviations for all documentation
· Assists with intake process in the following areas as determined by departmental needs
· Collects, labels, and sends specimens with appropriate laboratory slips and or requisitions.
· Under direction of the licensed physician maintains competence of tasks and performs tasks in relation to a variety of technical skills
· Assists physicians with various minor procedures limited to set up and breakdown of simple sterile procedure. Draping and prepping patient under the direction of the licensed physician.
· Performs initial cleaning/decontamination of equipment/materials and instruments.
· Checks inventories, and restocks, replaces, assembles patient equipment and supplies.
· Restocks, replaces assembles patient equipment and supplies ordered by Medical Assistant Supervisor and/or designee. Responsible for alerting supervisor and manager of broken, or otherwise non-functional supplies or equipment. Prepares supply order form
· Understand, respect and demonstrate patient confidentiality in all endeavors Performs other duties as needed.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
Associate Degree preferred.
2+ years OB/GYN MA experience preferred.
Medical Assistant certification preferred but willing to train and invest in a strong and motivated candidate.
Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner
Advanced proficiency in computer use
Ability to commute to both Massapequa and Garden City, Long Island offices
Able to work weekdays 2pm-8pm shifts and Saturday 8am-2pm.
MUST be COVID vaccinated.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Retirement Plan